Saturday, March 17, 2012

Words Spoken True by Ann H. Gabhart



Spirited daughter of a news paper mogul, Adriane Darcy is engaged to a man she does not love.  However, she is determined to honour God and her father in obedience and go through with the wedding.  However when Adriane meets Blake Garrett (an editor from a competing newspaper) at a society event they are both covering, the sparks fly.  It is love at first sight... sigh...  What's a girl to do when she is engaged to a snobby socialite, but she wants her father's enemy?


While I did enjoy this novel I thought that the story really didn't get rolling until about the half way point.  I also kept waiting for the sparks to continue to fly after Adriane and Blake's first meeting, but there was very little contact between them for quite sometime. I suppose it is possible to fall in love at first sight, but my cynical mind has a hard time accepting that.  


The second half of the book increased its intensity and I was definitely engaged in the story.  The subplot in the book also became more interesting as the story progressed.  While I did enjoy the book, I did not find myself ignoring household chores like I do when reading a novel I can not seem to put down. 



"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.   Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".  

No comments:

Post a Comment